What is the difference between standard versus group school year nature programming?
STANDARD SCHOOL YEAR RESERVATIONS
Sienna Ranch offers individual families first-come, first-served school year programming that runs in 8-week sessions. This affords each family the flexibility to sign up one eight-week session at a time, taking off any quarters that conflict with their schedule, trying out different days of the week as desired and changing plans mid-year within the guidelines of the School Year Refund, Transfer and Credit policy. These are our standard school year reservations. Anyone may enroll in an appropriate opening that suits their availability.
For groups that are willing to provide a full roster of students for a class and are ready to commit to a full year of Sienna Ranch’s school year Nature Programs upfront, we are happy to work together to plan a day and time to design a recurring Sienna Ranch schedule for your group (based on availability). The best time to be in touch about interest in a group reservation is late winter (~6-9 months before the start of the next school year), as we are often finalizing our annual calendar and are building our registration system for the upcoming school year by early spring.
Interested in a group reservation? See class descriptions below, as well as roster size requirements and Group Reservation rates. All Sienna Ranch programming is taught by our high quality Sienna Ranch Staff. Email our Owner, Sara Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have a Nature Program you and your group are ready to reserve.
Note: enrollment in a group reservation signifies agreement to Group Reservation Terms for refunds, credits and transfers.
Junior Ranchers Group Reservation
Grades: PreK, Kindergarten and 1st (PreK = at least 4 years old as of September 1, 2018)
Class Size: 8 students required
Class Duration: 3 hours, 25 minutes
Group Reservation Tuition: $1,580 (paid in four installments of $395 due in the office the first week of each 8-week session)
A unique program designed for this special age when everything is exciting and magical. Junior Ranchers will love getting to know the ranch animals, discovering our garden, making nature themed crafts, and enjoying unstructured nature play, exploration, and observation. In addition, each session will feature an opportunity to groom the pony, try out archery, and make a wood craft in our carpentry workshop.Note: Junior Ranchers must be able to use the restroom independently.
Explorers Group Reservation
Grades: 1st-2nd, 3rd-4th and 5th-6th
Class Size: 10 students per class
Class Duration: 3 hours, 25 minutes
Group Reservation Tuition: $1,540 for the year (paid in four installments of $385 due in the office the first week of each 8-week session)
The Sienna Ranch Explorers program develops a deep connection to the natural world by offering fun, exciting and diverse outdoor experiences. Our core activities include hiking, survival skills, animal interaction, wild tending, homesteading skills, cooking, nature based crafts, games, unstructured nature play, exploration, observation, and one day of seasonal garden work per quarter.
Each session we offer the opportunity to earn a Sienna Ranch Certification Badge. Certification Badges are a fun and non-competitive way to focus our explorations, and to delve deeper into topics such as first aid, knife skills, oak tree care, and much more. We will take a little time each week to build the skills and knowledge required to earn the session’s Badge. Certification topics rotate on a three year cycle. You may join at any part of the cycle — classes start every 8 weeks during the school year.
Middle School Science Group Reservation
Grade (as of September 2018): 5th-6th and 7th-8th
Class Size: minimum 10 students, 12 max per class
Class duration: 3 hours, 25 mins
Group Reservation Tuition: $1,780 for the year (paid in four installments of $445 due in the office the first week of each 8-week session)
Sienna Ranch Science is specifically designed for homeschoolers who are looking for a unique opportunity to study age-appropriate science topics based on NGSS standards at our 21 acre Ranch in the hills of Lafayette. We teach the practice and process of science, including hands on experimental methods, lab skills, scientific approaches to problems and an understanding of scientific knowledge to prepare students for their journey into high school and beyond. We always strive to find innovative, fun and effective ways to tie in all of our lessons to life on the Ranch. We might be studying ecology by doing field surveys of biodiversity in the hills, studying gravity and engineering by dropping eggs from the top of the tree fort, or learning about pH in natural ecosystems by testing the water in our pond. Whether their aspirations are highly academic or just scientifically curious, Sienna Ranch Science aims to leave all students with a positive association with science, and to help our students develop into global citizens committed to using their understanding of science to make rational and informed decisions throughout their lives.
Sienna Ranch Science is divided into two classes, 5th/6th grade and 7th/8th grade. Both classes meet at the same time and may spend some time together playing games or completing group activities. Each class has their own separate classroom space and instructor. Both classes complete monthly work samples for students enrolled in charter schools.
School Year Group Reservation Refund, Transfer and Credit Policy
We thank you for your interest in making Sienna Ranch a guaranteed part of your group’s school year. Please note that guaranteeing a custom roster to you and your group means that we are closing off registration opportunities to others for all 32 weeks of the school year, and therefore our refund, transfer and credit policy is less flexible than it would be if you reserved one of our 8-week classes. Thanks for keeping the best interest of your group in mind by making sure your student’s scheduled date/time/group reservation rate matches your family’s expectations before you make your first payment. We hope that planning your unique programming ahead of time makes your school year smoother and more relaxing!
A group reservation is only guaranteed after every student on the roster has made their first payment installment. Sienna Ranch reserves the right to dissolve group reservations if a group fails to provide the required number of age-appropriate students to secure the program by the designated date in your group’s contract. Changes to a group reservation must be made in writing to email@example.com. Voicemail messages cannot be considered as official transfer or refund requests. If a change happens that impacts the whole class, individual fees below may apply.
- Refund: receiving cash, check or credit card reimbursement for programming paid for out-of-pocket. (Charter school funds cannot be turned into cash, check or credit card refunds.)
- Transfer: moving tuition monies within the Sienna Ranch registrations system directly to another session, camp or program or moving tuition monies to another sibling (available based on space remaining at time of written request).
- Credit: releasing tuition monies from a specific class/camp/program and applying them to a family’s general account for use by any other sibling (may be used by any family member for future programming but cannot be turned into cash, check or credit card reimbursement). Charter School Funds may not be turned into family credit, as they are only valid for the exact session & class listed on the PO/voucher.
|Email received||Credit Card Refund||Transfer Session/Camps||SR Credit|
|1+ month prior||$100 fee per program||$50 fee per program||no fee|
|2-4 weeks prior||$200 fee per program||$100 fee per program||$50 fee per program|
|1-2 weeks prior||not available||not available||$100 fee per program|
|less than 1 week||not available||not available||not guaranteed*|
- Date ranges are based on the Sunday evening prior to first day of the first session of the school year.
- Each sibling occupies a unique registration and incurs separate fees for cancellations or transfers.
- SR credit and tuition transfer available for use between immediate family members only.
- It is each family’s individual responsibility to request charter school funds to arrive no later than the first week of each session, otherwise enrollment signifies agreement to authorize Sienna Ranch to charge the card on file for that quarter’s tuition.
- *With less than one week’s notice prior to the start of the school year (or once the school year begins), should an individual wish to be released from a group reservation, Sienna Ranch will honor a tuition balance transfer (pro-rated based on date of emailed request) to an age-appropriate replacement student approved by the group for a $100 Group Reservation Transfer fee. Sienna Ranch requires families to find their own replacement for group reservations.