Please review all topics below prior to the start of program.
If you are unsure which class you enrolled in, sign into your account online to see your purchase history.
|School Year Office Hours|
|Friday||By appointment Only|
- Stay with the group
- You should be able to see and hear your instructor, and your instructor should be able to see and hear you, without shouting.
- We will stay only with our group and instructor and not mix with other groups.
- Wait at the gates
- Wait at the gate until your instructor is there to open it.
- If a gate is open, still stop and wait at it.
- Respect People
- Listen to instructors and peers when they are speaking
- Use kind words
- Keep hands to yourself
- Cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze
- Wear a mask when asked by our instructor
- Only share food served by the instructor
- Respect People
- Respect Animals
- Use a calm voice and walking feet
- Approach animals as you are taught by your instructor
- Only feed an animal with permission from an instructor
- Respect Earth
- Keep all personal litter in your backpack or lunch bag
- Ask permission before picking a plant
- Be gentle with ranch structures (do not force gates, climb on fences, etc.)
- Have fun!
- Come prepared so you can have fun! This means dress for the weather, bring food and water.
- Listen to your body so you can have fun! Use the bathroom, drink plenty of water.
- Ask your instructor if you are unsure of a rule or feeling uncomfortable so we can help you have a great day!
- Gentle Verbal Reminder
- Verbal Warning
- Time to think away from group for 1-4 minutes
- Time to think in the Office for 10-15 min with supervision
- Parents called to pick up student and behavior contract developed to outline expectations for continuation in Sienna Ranch Programming.
- Contact Admin requesting to speak with the instructor and provide reason for request.
- Admin will arrange meetings between staff and parents either at social distance or by phone call.
Absences, Make Ups, and Missed DaysDue to the unpredictability of COVID19 precautions and restrictions, we are unable to schedule makes ups for missed classes at this time. We are unable to schedule makes-ups or refunds for missed classes. Should we have to cancel a class day for any reason, we will instead host a 45 minute Zoom class until we are again able to offer in-person programming. We will notify you via email in the event of a cancellation. Return to List of Topics to Review
Allergies and Special Concerns
- PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS AND RECENT SIGNIFICANT INJURIES
- FOOD ALLERGIES
- LEARNING / BEHAVIORAL / EMOTIONAL EXCEPTIONALITIES
We take prevention of lice transmission seriously. If your child has an active case of head lice, please treat it before attending the Ranch. We may send untreated children home.We strongly encourage bringing your own horse back riding helmet (different from a bicycle helmet).
Our riding program follows industry best practices as recommended by the EPA with regard to sharing helmets. Feel free to ask us for more information, or you can read more about lice, transmission and helmet sharing in the following places.Our riding program follows industry best practices as recommended by the EPA with regard to sharing helmets. You can read more about lice, transmission and helmet sharing in the following places.
TicksTicks, including Deer Ticks, do naturally exist year-round in the grasses of the oak savannah habitat that cover the Sienna Ranch property. They live here as part of the natural habitat and are an important part of the healthy local food chain. We encourage you to check for ticks after attending a Sienna Ranch class. If you find a tick, gently remove with tweezers and then clean the area with soap and water. Consult your physician if you wish to have the tick tested for Lyme Disease. If a Sienna Ranch Instructor removes an attached tick during program, we will send the tick home in a baggie with your child so you may have it tested if you wish. You can find more info about ticks by reading our Tick Info Sheet
What to Bring
- FACE MASK: Per our COVID policy, campers must wear masks at drop-off and pick-up and as needed throughout the day.
- FOOD: Everyone should have at least a snack– pack a hiking-friendly lunch too if you are here for a morning program. We do not provide food, please pack enough food for your camper.
- WATER: A refillable water bottle labeled with your camper’s name
- WARM LAYERS / SUN PROTECTION: We run program rain or shine and ask that students are ready to be outside the whole class. Check the weather report each morning and dress accordingly.
- BACKPACK: A simple day-pack works great and allows for hands-free hiking
- RANCH-FRIENDLY CLOTHES: We play in the mud, climb trees, make messy art and get dirty!
Do Not Bring to the Ranch
- CANDY / SODA / CHEWING GUM
- ELECTRONICS including phones
- ANYTHING THAT CREATES MICRO-TRASH like straw-wrappers, stickers, or excessive food packaging
Pony and Horse Class Info
Drop Off/Pick Up Procedure
Pickup / Late FeesWhen picking up your child, please arrive within the pick-up window Late Pickup Policy:
|Minutes Late (after posted end time)||SR Action||Fee|
|6-15||Call contact number.||$10 / driver|
|16+||call again||$1 / min late|
Lost and Found
Enrollment in Future Sessions
Special Program Notes: Let’s Play at the RanchSIBLINGS/ADDITIONAL ADULTS Infant siblings may attend Let’s Play at the Ranch with big brother/sister at no additional charge if able to be worn calmly by the caretaker the full duration of the class. Each student should have one adult attend class with him/her. If you have extra adults you’d like to invite to see our program, please check ahead with the office. Return to List of Topics to Review
Order a T-Shirt from the Ranch StoreWant to sport a Sienna Ranch t-shirt, hat, sticker or pencil? Use the online ranch store. Place your order before 9am on the second-to-last day of camp, and it will be ready at pick up time on the final day of camp. Submit an order to the Sienna Ranch Online Store Return to List of Topics to Review
School Year & Holiday Camp Refund, Transfer and Credit PolicyCamp or class refund, transfer, or credit requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests must be made within 6 months after the program’s start date. Voicemail messages cannot be considered as official transfer or refund requests.Voicemail messages cannot be considered as official transfer or refund requests. Important Note about Covid-19 Impacts to Class Schedule: If we are unable to offer in-person classes due to Covid-19, all classes will be switched to distance learning. We are unable to offer refunds or credits if the programs switch to a new platform. Refund: Receiving cash, check or credit card reimbursement for programming paid for out-of-pocket. Charter school funds cannot be turned into cash, check or credit card refunds. All credit card refunds are subject to a 5% processing fee which the credit card and registration company charge us. Transfer: Moving tuition monies within the Sienna Ranch registration system directly to programming in a different date range (different week of camp or different session of the school year) for the same child. Credit: Releasing tuition monies from a specific class/camp/program and applying them to a family’s general account. Sienna Ranch credit never expires and can be used by any member of the immediate family for any Sienna Ranch program including camps, classes, special events, or store items. Credit cannot be turned into cash, check or credit card reimbursement. Charter School Funds may not be turned into credit, as they are only valid for the exact session & class listed on the PO/voucher.
|Email received||Credit Card Refund||Transfer Session/Camps||SR Credit|
|1+ month prior||5% credit card processing fee||no fee||no fee|
|2-4 weeks prior||15% fee per program||15% fee per program||15% fee per program|
|1-2 weeks prior||not available||15% fee per program||15% fee per program|
|less than 1 week||not available||not available||not available|