Sienna Ranch camps are outstanding because our staff is outstanding.
Our refund policy allows us to reliably staff our programs with brilliant educators for your children. Note: Camp refund, transfer or credit requests must be made in writing to email@example.com. All refund, credit, and exception requests must be made within 6 months after the program’s start date. Voicemail message or in-person conversations cannot be considered as official requests.
Summer 2020 In Person Refund, Transfer & Credit Policy
|Email received||Credit Card Refund||Transfer Camp Weeks||SR Credit|
|Prior to May 7th||Available, 5% credit card processing fee||Available, no fee||Available, no fee|
|May 7th-May 13th||Not Available||Available, no fee||Available, no fee|
|May 13th – 2 Weeks prior to camp||Not available on or after May 7th||Available, ($25 fee per program)||Available, ($50 fee per program)|
|Less than 2 weeks before camp||not available||not available||not available|
- Refund: receiving cash, check or credit card reimbursement for programming paid for out-of-pocket.
- Transfer: moving tuition monies within the Sienna Ranch registrations system to programming in a different date range (different week of camp or different session of the school year) for the same child.
- Credit: releasing tuition monies from a specific class/camp/program and applying them to a family’s general account for use by any other sibling (not to be turned into cash, check or credit card reimbursement). Credit never expires.
- Date ranges are based on the Sunday evening prior to first day of camp or session in question.
- AM & PM camps are separate programs and incur separate fees for cancellations or transfers.
- SR credit and tuition transfer available for use between immediate family members only.
- We will do our best to honor all transfer requests but cannot guarantee space availability due to the first-come, first-served nature of our programming.
- Please note that ALL credit card refunds are subject to a 5% processing fee
Air Quality, or other Extreme Weather Conditions
We will endeavor to run programs whenever conditions are judged to be safe enough at our outdoor facility. Sienna Ranch uses nixle.com, http://www.baaqmd.gov/, http://www.weather.gov/, local emergency services, and other relevant emergency resources to stay informed on the latest conditions.
We do reserve the right to cancel programs in the event of extreme weather, natural disaster, dangerous criminal activity or any other hazardous conditions that would prevent us from running a safe program. In the event of program cancellation, Sienna Ranch will notify families as soon as possible via email to the address on file.
If program is cancelled for any reason we will do our best to make fair compensation for families by offering make ups or spaces in alternative programs. Please note that our private horseback-riding lessons have their own non-riding day policy.
Note that we decide whether to cancel a program or not based on our judgement of the safety of running our program according to the information we have access to at the time. We acknowledge and respect that families each have unique needs and levels of comfort and we encourage families to make the attendance decisions that are right for them. If programming goes ahead as planned we are not able to offer any refunds, make-ups, or credits to families who choose not to attend program that day, outside of our regular make-up policy for that program.