Contacting Us Before Camp
|School Year Office Hours|
|Friday||By appointment Only|
Office Number: (925) 283-6311
Email Julie the Business Manager: email@example.com
Contacting Us During Camp
We always have a staff person in the office during camp hours. If you need to get a message to your camper or their instructor, please call the office on (925) 283-6311. If you receive the voice mail, please leave a message and we will call you back ASAP. You can also call our emergency number (925-282-9404) if you have an emergency and need to get a hold of us during camp hours.
|8:00am||Early Birds- in the Backyard|
|9:00am||Morning Ranch Equestrian Camp Drop off- Driveway Drop Off|
|9:00am||Morning All Other Camps Drop off- Family Waiting Area|
|1:00pm||All Morning Camps Pickup- Family Waiting Area|
|2:00pm||Afternoon Camp Drop off and Ranch Play Pickup- Family Waiting Area|
|5:00pm||Afternoon Camp Pickup- Family Waiting Area|
Drop Off Details:
Check in starts 10 minutes before camp at our Family Waiting Area at the far end of the parking lot, under the trees. You will need to escort your camper to check in, and please wait with your camper(s) in the Family Waiting Area until your camp’s start time. Please drive slowly through the parking lot, park in any space (our neighbors, ILM Tree, are on vacation, so you can park in their spots too), and please pull your vehicle all the way forward to the front of the parking space to make room for others. Our lot is unsealed and can get busy. Thanks in advance for your patience!
EARLY BIRDS DROP OFF: Walk through the Family Waiting Area and follow the ‘Early Birds’ signs into the Backyard, through the green gate on the right. Early Birds have flexible dropoff between 8:00am-8:45am.
RANCH EQUESTRIAN CAMP and SIBLINGS/CARPOOL BUDDIES DROP OFF: *New for 2020!* Ranch Equestrian Campers and any siblings or carpool buddies in other camps will drop off along our shady driveway. Please follow the signs to continue up the driveway to the right of the main Ranch house immediately after entering the main gates. Please pull forward until you reach the check in zone at the top of the driveway. Our staff members will greet you at your car starting at approximately 8:50am each day. Please wait in your car until you are checked in by our staff.
Pick Up Details:
Check out starts approximately 5 minutes before the posted end time of camp and goes until 5 minutes after the posted end time. Instructors will bring their campers into the trellis area. Campers are asked to wait until they see their ride at the Family Waiting Area, then line up to check out with a Ranch staff member at the small gate in front of the Green Yurt. Adults must get out of their cars and walk into the Family Waiting Area so that staff can visually confirm who campers are checked out to. Late fees will apply for pick ups after 5 minutes past the posted end time of camp.
RANCH PLAY PICK UP: Meet campers at the gate of the front yard of ILM Tree (the big white ranch house).
We understand that swim team or alternate camp dismissals may conflict with 5pm pickup so for afternoon camps only, early pickup at 3:30pm is available upon reservation. Please fill out the form below with at least 24 hours notice, otherwise we cannot guarantee your camper will be available for early dismissal.
Here’s an overview of the structure of our day at Sienna Ranch. Of course, plans change from time to time, so you’re always welcome to ask your child’s teacher at drop off or pickup if you have any questions about the day.
- FOOD: Morning camps have a snack break and a lunch break. Afternoon camps have one snack break. We do not provide food, please pack enough food for your camper
- WATER: A refillable water bottle labeled with your camper’s name
- WARM LAYERS/RAIN PROTECTION: We run program rain or shine. Check the weather report each morning and dress accordingly.
- BACKPACK: A simple daypack works great and allows for hands-free hiking
- RANCH-FRIENDLY CLOTHES: We play in the mud, climb trees, make messy art and get dirty!
- MASK: Due to COVID-19 we are asking that all campers bring a mask with them to camp. Specifics on when they will be asked to wear their mask is detailed in the Parent Guidelines.
What to Leave At Home
- CANDY / SODA / CHEWING GUM
- ELECTRONICS including phones
- ANYTHING THAT CREATES MICRO-TRASH like straw-wrappers, stickers, or excessive food packaging
Proper footwear is very important when working around and riding horses. Since horses are very large individuals we put safety first in our horse program.
We require participants wear good boots or shoes that help protect feet if they get stepped on, and most importantly, keep feet from sliding through the stirrup and getting stuck in the event of a fall. Participants must wear appropriate footwear to be allowed to work around and ride our horses. We ask that you send your child in horse-safe footwear for their program. Before investing in new boots, check to see if your child may already have something that would be appropriate for our riding and horsemanship programs.
- Boots designed for riding such as paddock boots, ropers, or cowboy boots
- Shoe or boot with smooth sole (no significant treads) and a square 1” – 1.5” heel
Unsafe Footwear (not permitted for Sienna Ranch Riding Programming)
- Flip Flops
- Open-toed shoes
- Canvas shoes (example: Toms)
- Garden shoes (example Crocs)
- Hiking/snow boots
- Stay with the group– You should be able to see and hear your instructor, and your instructor should be able to see and hear you, without shouting. Groups will not be mixing.
- Wait at the gates – Any time you get to a gate, wait there for your instructor to lead you to the next activity. Instructors will be the only ones touching gate handles.
- Respect– Be kind to yourself, to each other, to the animals, and to the Ranch. We listen to and follow directions from our instructor.
- This means not touching our friends.
- We will always cover our mouth if we cough or sneeze
- We will never share food unless the instructor is serving it.
- Our instructor may ask us to sit or walk at an arm’s length distance from them..
- Have fun!– Be prepared for the day, (see ‘What to Bring’ above) ready to participate, and ready to make good choices.
In addition to these expectations, instructors will present rules around specific activities. If you are ever unsure of a rule, or if you feel uncomfortable or upset about something please let your instructor or another adult at the Ranch know. We want all our participants to have a positive and safe experience at the Ranch!
Instructors utilize a variety of approaches to support students in meeting our behavioral expectations. These may include:
- Verbal reminders to the group or to individuals
- Agreements – By making agreements, we offer positive choices as an alternative to negative behaviors.
- Requests – Instructors may make behavioral requests of participants, such as giving personal space or taking time away from the group to re-center and refocus.
- Support from Ranch Administration– If there is a safety concern or if an individual’s behavior is significantly impacting the group, the instructor will seek support from a Ranch administrator. At this time we will usually call the contact phone number to discuss how to best support the participant moving forward, and determine whether they can rejoin the group.
Our behavioral expectations keep us safe at Sienna Ranch. If there are specific ways in which we can support your child in following these expectations, please let us know. Participants who are consistently unable to meet the behavioral expectations may not be able to return to Sienna Ranch programming.
If parents wish to speak with instructors please:
- Contact Admin requesting to speak with the instructor and provide reason for request.
- Admin will arrange meetings between staff and parents between 3:30-4:45 either at social distance or by phone call.
|Minutes Late (after posted end time)||SR Action||Fee|
|6-15||Call contact number.||$10 / driver|
|16+||call again||$1 / min late|
Whilst we do appreciate a call or voicemail if you are running late, we will likely be away from the phone actively dismissing campers and may not receive your message immediately. Thank you for being on time.
Early Pickups Policy: We strongly discourage early pick ups since it alters the flow of camp for everyone. If you would like to arrange an early pickup, let us know via email at least 24 hours in advance and check in with your instructor.
Early pickups without prior notification can take a very long time if your camper’s group is out hiking or in the middle of a messy project.
- PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS AND RECENT SIGNIFICANT INJURIES
- FOOD ALLERGIES
- LEARNING / BEHAVIORAL / EMOTIONAL EXCEPTIONALITIES
We take prevention of lice transmission seriously. If your child has an active case of head lice, please treat it before attending the Ranch. We may send untreated children home.
Our riding program follows industry best practices as recommended by the EPA with regard to sharing helmets. Feel free to ask us for more information, or you can read more about lice, transmission and helmet sharing in the following places.
Please note that the CDC recommends against the use of de-lousing products which contain pesticides, house-wide fumigation products, and prophylactically treating those who do not show evidence of lice.
Ticks, including Deer Ticks, do naturally exist year-round in the grasses of the oak savannah habitat that cover the Sienna Ranch property. We encourage families to establish routine tick check into their day following all Sienna Ranch classes. If you find a tick, gently remove with tweezers and then clean the area with soap and water. Consult your physician if you wish to explore options to have the tick tested for Lyme Disease.
If a Sienna Ranch Instructor removes an attached tick during program, we will send the tick home in a baggie with your child so you may have it tested if you wish. Consider talking with your children about ticks and let them know that while we do need to check for them each day, they live here as part of the natural habitat and are an important part of the healthy local food chain. Check out our Tick Information Sheet if you have more questions about ticks and feel free to reach out to the office with more questions.
$60/five days or $15/day
Families who need childcare before morning camp starts may drop off any time between 8:00am and 8:45am. Campers play in the backyard, read stories or draw with an instructor. Campers do not visit animals or go on hikes during Early Birds.
Ranch Play (1:00-2:00pm)
$60/five days or $15/day
Complimentary for full-day campers and available as an add-on to morning-only campers, this is free-choice time in the backyard for those who want to be at the Ranch just a little longer. Instructors will have games, stories and a craft available. Campers do not visit animals or go on hikes during Ranch Play.
Want to sport a Sienna Ranch t-shirt, hat, sticker or pencil? Use the online order form, and we can either charge the credit card on file or accept payment when you pick up your items from the Ranch. Place your order before 9am on the second-to-last day of camp, and it will be ready at pick up time on the final day of camp.
If you wish to report an absence (optional), please call the office and leave a voicemail noting the date of anticipated absence, your student(s)’ name and camp. Unfortunately we are not able to offer any make ups for missed programming during summer camp. Thanks for your understanding.