Interested in an event at the ranch?
Coming to an event at the ranch?— please bring one waiver per guest to your event.
We offer Field Trips on Wednesday mornings during the school year from 10:00am-12:15pm.
Sienna Ranch Field Trips are perfect way for for preschool and elementary school classes as well as homeschool groups to meet and work with chickens, ducks, goats, horses and sheep’s wool. Enjoy a guided tour around the ranch at a time that suits your group’s needs. Scouts and guides with weekday availability are welcome too!
15 minutes Ranch Rules and Orientation
90 minutes Activity of your choosing
30 minutes Picnic Area Time (optional)
Total Event 2 hours and 15 minutes
Farm Animal Interaction (ages 4-12)
Join us for fun, hands-on interactions with our lovely animal friends, whilst being encouraged to ask questions such as why domesticated animals are useful to us, and what special adaptations our animals have. Participants will brush goats, feed the ducks, groom a pony, hold chickens then collect their eggs, and complete a take home craft using wool from our sheep. Children under 4 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
A note on weather: All our programs are 100% outdoors. Please wear comfortable, closed toed shoes and dress appropriately for the weather any time you visit the Ranch. Remember, there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing!
We have tiered pricing for school field trips, based on the month of your event. Reserve the time that works for your group. As a friendly reminder, all program runs rain or shine! Want to see the dates we’re offering? Check out our 2019-20 Field Trip calendar (NEW!)
- Small Field Trip (6-10 attendees & 2 FREE chaperones)
- Large Field Trip (11-20 attendees & 2 FREE chaperones)
- WEEKDAYS ONLY — Extra Large School Field Trip (21-36 attendees & 3 FREE chaperones)
All people staying on site during the activity portion of your event (adult or child) are considered ‘attendees’. For the safety of our animals (and for logistics in program spaces like the duck pen, chicken coop, etc.) we thank you for choosing the group size that accurately reflects the number of people you wish to stay on site the full duration of your event.
We reserve our staff based on the event size you select — Large groups will be split between more than one instructor.
Booking a field trip:
On the day:
1. All attendees must have a Sienna Ranch waiver in hand. We recommend bringing all completed waivers with you the day of the field trip, although we will have blank copies printed if any parent/guardians need to fill one out the day of the event. Note: it is the event organizer’s responsibility to ensure that everyone in your group has signed a waiver before the beginning of the field trip.
2. Initial the final head count gathered by Sienna Ranch. Your group will be charged for the actual number of participants on the day, as determined by your Sienna Ranch staff member, and initialed by you. The final balance will be charged to the card on file within 2 business days of the field trip. If you wish to pay by check you may request an estimated invoice prior to the day of your event.
SCHOOL FIELD TRIP AGREEMENTS
- Check out our Refund and Cancellation Policy before booking.
- Your $100 deposit due upon booking is non-refundable and non-transferrable. We run program rain or shine.
- Event balance charged to the card on record based on head count day of your event, unless you call ahead to make payment in another way.
- Emergency cancellation (anytime week before field trip and UP until noon of Friday prior) submit email requesting cancellation and forfeit 50% the cost of your event (based on minimum 6 attendees for small event, 11 attendees for large event, 21 attendees for x-large event).
- No shows or cancellations after noon on Friday- NO REFUND available. 100% cost of event will be charged to the card on file (based on minimum 6 attendees for small event, 11 attendees for large event, 21 attendees for x-large event).
- Sienna Ranch reserves the right to modify activities based on weather or safety. This may include substituting Pony Rides for another activity. If a substitution means that a ‘premium’ activity cannot be delivered, the premium fee will be refunded.
- Sienna Ranch is a drug and alcohol-free campus.
- Sienna Ranch requires chaperones to supervise all participants while playing on play structures.
- Sienna Ranch honors scheduling and pricing quoted in Event Agreement.
- Sienna Ranch is a balloon-free and decoration-lite campus (to keep our animals healthy).
- Sienna Ranch requires at least 21 days notice by email to change the size of your event (space-dependent, not guaranteed).
- Sienna Ranch does not allow non-ranch animals on property (with the exception of pre-arranged service animals).
We strongly prefer you contact us with questions during business hours since your contract and our calendar are readily available during those times. Emergency contact information available on ranch voicemail (925) 283-6311 if you have concerns outside business hours. Contacting emergency numbers may require you to leave a voicemail/receive callback.
Email any contract revision/cancellation requests to email@example.com. If you receive an out-of-message reply, please forward request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in a weekend event instead? You’re also welcome to bring your group here on a Sunday and choose two 60-minute activities for your group. Contact us to find a date and time to host your group. Pricing and scheduling is a little different on Sundays, so take a look at the Scouts and Guides page for more information about how Sunday programming works.
Have an idea for a custom special event? Shoot us an email or give our office a call to see if we can help.