NEW School Year One Hour Badge Activity
Coming to an event at the ranch?— please bring one waiver per guest to your event.
We love helping the scouts achieve their badges!
This is a new, unique opportunity to earn one badge in one hour! Scouts have been enjoying Sienna Ranch for years as a wonderful place to go on field trips, meet badge requirements, and celebrate. We are now offering a convenient and easy way for Scouts to meet their badge requirements with us.
Sample One Hour Badge Schedule
15 minutes Ranch Rules and Orientation
60 minutes Activity #1 of your choosing
Total Event 1 hour and 15 minutes
**We ask that you please arrive on time
When: Mondays 3:30-4:45pm
Scout Program Pricing (per attendee)
- Small Field Trip (6-10 attendees & 2 FREE chaperones)
All people staying on site during the activity portion of your event (adult or child) are considered ‘attendees’. For the safety of our animals (and for logistics in program spaces like the duck pen, chicken coop, etc.) we thank you for choosing the group size that accurately reflects the number of people you wish to stay on site the full duration of your event. We reserve our staff based on the event size you select.
Badge Activity Descriptions
Animal Helpers Care Badge (For All Ages)
Find out what animals need and how to care for them—enjoy a walk through Sienna Ranch to observe, interact and learn the basics of animal care. You’ll get to visit our horses, ducks, chickens and goats.
Between Earth and Sky Badge (For All Ages)
Become an eco learner! Explore nature and learn how to keep the Earth healthy. Sienna Ranch offers many opportunities to learn about recycling, compost and sustainability. You’ll learn through our ranch how we keep the earth healthy and keep living things safe.
Welcome to the Garden Badge (For All Ages)
Explore the world of gardening with us! We will learn about plants, composting, pollinators and decomposers. Help our garden grow and visit our beehive! Everyone will enjoy a fresh picked garden snack.
Hiker and Outdoor Adventurer Badge (For Ages 5+)
Learn to be the best prepared hiker you can be when discovering the great outdoors. We will cover basic compass skills, the fundamentals of hiking and hazard awareness, and explore a Sienna Ranch hiking trail.
Primitive Camper/Shelter Building Badge (For Ages 6+)
This activity gives scouts the opportunity to work together and discuss one aspect critical to survival– protection from the elements. Groups use critical thinking to learn each step of the shelter building process, from how to choose the best location and select proper building materials to practical construction techniques. We will also learn about the importance of energy conservation in a survival scenario and how to practice Leave No Trace ethics. This activity will focus on creating a practical debris shelter.
Campfire Safety Badge (For Ages 6+)
Help gather firewood and learn to build and tend a fire in our covered Campfire Shelter. We’ll pop popcorn over the flames, and you can bring marshmallows or s’mores supplies for an extra special treat! We’ll also focus on the Leave No Trace ethics of safely extinguishing your fire at the end of the hour. This badge option is only available October through March.
Create your own badge certification
Contact us with unique ideas for how to earn your badge and we’ll make it happen!
Curious to know our plan for inclement weather? Read over our Rain or Shine Page to get answers to frequently asked questions about how we safely deliver events and more with precipitation in the forecast.
Booking a Scout Event:
On the day:
1. All attendees must have a Sienna Ranch waiver in hand. We recommend bringing all completed waivers with you the day of the field trip, although we will have blank copies printed if any parent/guardians need to fill one out the day of the event. Note: it is the event organizer’s responsibility to ensure that everyone in your group has signed a waiver before the beginning of the scout program.
2. Initial the final head count gathered by Sienna Ranch. Your group will be charged for the actual number of participants on the day, as determined by your Sienna Ranch staff member, and initialed by you. The final balance will be charged to the card on file within 2 business days of the event. If you wish to pay by check you may request an estimated invoice prior to the day of your event.
SCOUT EVENT AGREEMENTS
- Check out our Refund and Cancellation Policy before booking.
- Your $100 deposit due upon booking is non-refundable and non-transferrable. We run program rain or shine.
- Event balance charged to the card on record based on head count day of your event, unless you call ahead to make payment in another way.
- Emergency cancellation (anytime week before field trip and UP until noon of Friday prior) submit email requesting cancellation and forfeit 50% the cost of your event (based on minimum 6 attendees for small event, 11 attendees for large event, 21 attendees for x-large event).
- No shows or cancellations after noon on Friday- NO REFUND available, 100% cost of your event charged (based on minimum 6 attendees for small event, 11 attendees for large event, 21 attendees for x-large event).
- Sienna Ranch reserves the right to modify activities based on weather or safety. If a substitution means that a ‘premium’ activity cannot be delivered, the premium fee will be refunded.
- Sienna Ranch is a drug and alcohol-free campus.
- Sienna Ranch requires chaperones to supervise all participants while playing on play structures.
- Sienna Ranch honors scheduling and pricing quoted in Event Agreement.
- Sienna Ranch is a balloon-free and decoration-lite campus (to keep our animals healthy).
- Sienna Ranch requires at least 21 days notice by email to change the size of your event (space-dependent, not guaranteed).
- Sienna Ranch does not allow non-ranch animals on property (with the exception of pre-arranged service animals).
We strongly prefer you contact us with questions during business hours since your contract and our calendar are readily available during those times. Emergency contact information available on ranch voicemail (925) 283-6311 if you have concerns outside business hours. Contacting emergency numbers may require you to leave a voicemail/receive callback.
Email any contract revision/cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you receive an out-of-message reply, please forward request to email@example.com.