Camp 1 | Monday December 23rd- Tuesday December 24th, 2019
Camp 2 | Thursday December 26th – Friday December 27th, 2019
Camp 3 | Monday December 30th- Tuesday December 31st, 2019
Camp 4 | Thursday January 2nd – Friday January 3rd, 2020
Want to be notified about Sienna Ranch program options, including Holiday Camps? Sign up below to receive our newsletter in your inbox.
Please choose programming based on the grade your camper is in for the 2019-2020 school year. PreK participants must be 4 years old by September 1, 2019 and fully independent using the restroom. If you are trying to pair siblings or friends in the same age group, you may enroll an older child in a younger age group; however, please do not enroll a younger child into an older age group.
Winter 2019-2020 Policies
Please read all our policies, including our Holiday refund, transfer and credit policy carefully before registering for any camp or class as purchasing registration signifies agreement to the stated terms.
Instructors are prepared to run program, no matter the forecast. Preparing your child with the right mindset on a rainy day is just as important as sending them in the best footwear, jacket and rain pants. Here are some ways you can help our staff keep your children happy and safe while they are at Sienna Ranch in the rain:
- Gear Up (as much as possible): Students need to have at least a rain jacket or poncho to keep their core dry (and layers underneath to keep them warm). Consider taking a trip together to a second-hand gear/clothing store and letting your child pick their “ranch jacket”. Wear it just for ranch programming and rest assured no one will judge you for how muddy it may get! Rain boots are also highly recommended, with rain pants as another fantastic option. Wool is strongly preferred when possible, especially wool socks, since it keeps you warm even when damp.
- Set Expectations (as much as possible): Does your child love testing how deep every puddle is when they wear rain boots? Many Sienna Ranch puddles and streams are definitely deep enough to flood the average boot, so consider taking your child for a puddle-stomping romp before wearing new gear to the ranch. Soggy feet have lesser consequences when warm socks are just inside the house. Please also encourage students to zip/snap their jackets up themselves so they can work their layers independently at the ranch.
- Hype it up (as much as possible): Our winter rains are a defining part of our climate here in the Bay Area, and rain makes a lot of things at Sienna Ranch even more fun! Instructors love taking time to cozy up by a fire in the tipi, make impromptu sailboats to race down the culverts and experience the feeling of playing a full-speed game of tag in the arena with water dripping down their cheeks. It’s fun, if we make it fun!
- If in doubt, pack extra layers: Know that your child is the one likely to lay down in the flowing runoff by the buckeye tree at first glance? Help instructors keep your child safe and warm by having an extra set of base layers and socks packed in a gallon-sized ziplock bag in their backpack. Despite best intentions, instructors will have to call home and ask families to bring dry clothes if they feel a child would not be safe wearing what they have until pickup. Best case scenario, extra clothes come home dry and in their baggies!
All programming continues, rain or shine. Some activities, such as Horseback Riding are subject to adaptation when it is too hot and/or humid for the horses to exercise. See our Riding and Horsemanship School page for more information about heat index.
Questions about the sunny weather policy you can read the full Rain or Shine suggestions for more information about how we embrace exposure and the elements.
School Year & Holiday Camp Refund, Transfer and Credit Policy
Camp or class refund, transfer or credit requests must be made in writing to email@example.com. All refund, credit, and exception requests must be made within 6 months after the program’s start date. Voicemail messages cannot be considered as official transfer or refund requests.Voicemail messages cannot be considered as official transfer or refund requests.
Refund: Receiving cash, check or credit card reimbursement for programming paid for out-of-pocket. Charter school funds cannot be turned into cash, check or credit card refunds. All credit card refunds are subject to a 5% processing fee which the credit card and registration company charge us.
Transfer: Moving tuition monies within the Sienna Ranch registration system directly to programming in a different date range (different week of camp or different session of the school year) for the same child.
Credit: Releasing tuition monies from a specific class/camp/program and applying them to a family’s general account. Sienna Ranch credit never expires and can be used by any member of the immediate family for any Sienna Ranch program including camps, classes, special events, or store items. Credit cannot be turned into cash, check or credit card reimbursement. Charter School Funds may not be turned into credit, as they are only valid for the exact session & class listed on the PO/voucher.
|Email received||Credit Card Refund||Transfer Session/Camps||SR Credit|
|1+ month prior||5% credit card processing fee||no fee||no fee|
|2-4 weeks prior||15% fee per program||15% fee per program||15% fee per program|
|1-2 weeks prior||not available||15% fee per program||15% fee per program|
|less than 1 week||not available||not available||not available|
* ‘Time until the start of class/program’ is counted from the start time of the first day of the session.
* AM & PM camps are separate programs and incur separate fees for cancellations or transfers.
* Credit and Transfer are available for use between immediate family members only.
* We will do our best to honor all transfer requests but cannot guarantee space availability due to the first-come, first-served nature of our programming.
*Please note that ALL credit card refunds are subject to a 5% processing fee.
**With one or more week’s notice, one-day programs like Try-It Archery, Private Archery and Try-It Riding Lessons may be transferred to a different date within the same school year. These programs do not qualify for refunds or credits. For Family Day refund/transfer requests, please read more here.
Holiday Camp Discounts
Holiday Camp Discounts
Winter Break Camps do not have an early registration discount, rather, the following applies:
- Multi-Sibling Discount: Register two or more siblings for camp, automatically receive 10% off the second and subsequent child’s registration. Note: Discounts are automatically applied to programs that are purchased in the same order. Please contact office to apply discounts to programs purchased separately.
Absences and Late Pick Ups
Late Pickup Fees: Please note that while we do appreciate a call or voice mail if you are running late, we will likely be away from the phone actively dismissing campers and may not receive your message immediately. Thank you for being on time.
|6-15||$10 / driver|
|16+||$1 / min late|
Missing A Day of Camp: We are unable to offer make ups or to prorate camp tuition if your child misses a day of camp.
Early Morning Extension (8:00-9:00am)
Our extended care service for families who need an earlier start to their day, Early Birds campers meet in the backyard area and play, draw, read or relax before morning camp begins. Flexible drop-off from 8am- 8:45am. Add on as a session item with your camp registration or drop in on the day.
PRICE: $60 for the week or $15 per day OFFERED: All 4 Winter Camp Weeks! GRADES: PreK-6th
(Early Birds available 8am-9am)
Winter Camp 1 – Ranch Foragers
PRICE: $236 for the 2-Day Camp OFFERED: Monday 12/23-Tuesday 12/24, 9am-3pm GRADES: PreK-6th Grade CLASS SIZE: 10 max (8 max for PreK/K)
Choose 1 camp or multiple camps– flexible schedule to accommodate your holiday plans!
Learn to see Sienna Ranch through the eyes of a forager living off the land! We will discover wild plants growing at the ranch and make them into delicious snacks. Learn how to gather and prepare Acorn Pancakes, Mallow Stir Fry and Wild Greens Salad. We will also enjoy a Sienna Ranch winter favorite: popcorn cooked over a fire. There will be time to visit our ranch animals, play games, and explore the land as well.
Winter Camp 2 – Wool Wonders
PRICE: $236 for the 2-Day Camp OFFERED: Thursday 12/26- Friday 12/27, 9am-3pm GRADES: PreK-6th Grade CLASS SIZE: 10 max (8 max for PreK/K)
Choose 1 camp or multiple camps– flexible schedule to accommodate your holiday plans!
The perfect camp for crafters and animal lovers! We will make cool crafts from wool and spend time with our adorable miniature sheep, Marvin and Miles. Using real wool from the Ranch, we will learn how to spin and dye yarn, and make felted crafts. There will be time to visit our ranch animals, play games, and explore the land as well.
Winter Camp 3 – Ranch Hands
PRICE: $236 for the 2-Day Camp OFFERED: Monday 12/30- Tuesday 12/31, 9am-3pm GRADES: PreK-6th Grade CLASS SIZE: 10 max (8 max for PreK/K)
Learn what it’s like to be a rancher! We will learn how to care for our animals: goats, chickens, sheep, ducks, and horses. Campers will learn how to keep animals healthy and practice performing basic health exams. They will also work as a team to clean animal pens and do fun chores like taking the baby doll sheep for a walk! In addition to animal interactions, there will be time to play games and visit popular destinations on the land as well.
Winter Camp 3 – Ranch Equestrian Camp
PRICE: $337 for the 2-Day Camp OFFERED: Monday 12/30- Tuesday 12/31, 9am-3pm GRADES: 2nd-5th Grade CLASS SIZE: 8 max
Riding, horse-themed games, and horsemanship skills are the main activities in this camp. Campers will enjoy daily mounted and unmounted lessons in riding and horsemanship and other fun and educational horsey activities. Campers work on new skills appropriate to their level during each mounted lesson. Through groundwork games and activities campers will learn horse communication, grooming, tacking, leading & tying, and how we care for horses to keep them healthy and happy. When they are not working directly with the horses, campers will spend time practicing skills on the ground via various games and exercises that help develop their ability in the saddle. Our Equestrian campers love getting to know our four legged friends!
Winter Camp 4 – Winter Survival
PRICE: $236 for the 2-Day Camp OFFERED: Thursday 1/2- Friday 1/3, 9am-3pm GRADES: PreK-6th Grade CLASS SIZE: 10 max (8 max for PreK/K)
Surviving in the wild is no easy task, especially in winter conditions! Learn how to think like a survivalist and prioritize staying warm and dry. Campers will learn how to start a fire with damp wood, build a waterproof shelter, and collect and purify rainwater. Additional activities will include hiking, playing games, and visiting our ranch animals.