Dates: March 30th- April 3rd, 2020
Want to be notified about Sienna Ranch program options, including Summer Camp? Sign up below to receive our newsletter in your inbox.
Please choose programming based on the grade your camper is in for the 2019-2020 school year. PreK participants must be 4 years old by September 1, 2019 and fully independent using the restroom. If you are trying to pair siblings or friends in the same age group, you may enroll an older child in a younger age group; however, please do not enroll a younger child into an older age group.
Spring 2020 Policies
Please read all our policies, including our Holiday refund, transfer and credit policy carefully before registering for any camp or class as purchasing registration signifies agreement to the stated terms.
Instructors are prepared to run program, no matter the forecast. Preparing your child with the right mindset on a rainy day is just as important as sending them in the best footwear, jacket and rain pants. Here are some ways you can help our staff keep your children happy and safe while they are at Sienna Ranch in the rain:
- Gear Up (as much as possible): Students need to have at least a rain jacket or poncho to keep their core dry (and layers underneath to keep them warm). Consider taking a trip together to a second-hand gear/clothing store and letting your child pick their “ranch jacket”. Wear it just for ranch programming and rest assured no one will judge you for how muddy it may get! Rain boots are also highly recommended, with rain pants as another fantastic option. Wool is strongly preferred when possible, especially wool socks, since it keeps you warm even when damp.
- Set Expectations (as much as possible): Does your child love testing how deep every puddle is when they wear rain boots? Many Sienna Ranch puddles and streams are definitely deep enough to flood the average boot, so consider taking your child for a puddle-stomping romp before wearing new gear to the ranch. Soggy feet have lesser consequences when warm socks are just inside the house. Please also encourage students to zip/snap their jackets up themselves so they can work their layers independently at the ranch.
- Hype it up (as much as possible): Our winter rains are a defining part of our climate here in the Bay Area, and rain makes a lot of things at Sienna Ranch even more fun! Instructors love taking time to cozy up by a fire in the tipi, make impromptu sailboats to race down the culverts and experience the feeling of playing a full-speed game of tag in the arena with water dripping down their cheeks. It’s fun, if we make it fun!
- If in doubt, pack extra layers: Know that your child is the one likely to lay down in the flowing runoff by the buckeye tree at first glance? Help instructors keep your child safe and warm by having an extra set of base layers and socks packed in a gallon-sized ziplock bag in their backpack. Despite best intentions, instructors will have to call home and ask families to bring dry clothes if they feel a child would not be safe wearing what they have until pickup. Best case scenario, extra clothes come home dry and in their baggies!
Green hills turn golden as the winter rains dissipate and give way to longer, drier days. Sun protection and hydration are key for comfort here in the warmer months, so we recommend the following five tips any time you see sunshine in the forecast:
- Pre-Hydrate: Help students/campers get a great start to their day by dropping them off to the ranch well-hydrated. Challenge them to drink and refill their water bottle at least once while they are at the ranch and ask them about it when you pick them up.
- Pre-[sun]Screen: Please apply sunscreen before dropping your child off for program. Instructors do keep a small bottle of sunscreen in their first aid kits and can offer it to students who wish to reapply during the day.
- Label Layers: The morning chill burns off quickly and layers are often shed during exploring and games throughout the day. We do our best to help keep children and their possessions together, but it’s easier to reunite a missing jacket and its owner with your child’s name in it.
- Check for Critters: Make a head-to-toe tick check part of your post-ranch routine. Deer ticks are part of the natural Sienna Ranch ecosystem. Ask your doctor if you are concerned about tick-related illnesses.
- Hats, yes, Sandals, no: We encourage students to wear sun hats while hiking and playing. Consider letting your child pick out a hat they want to wear to increase the likelihood of it staying on during program. To keep toes safe and prevent blisters or splinters from dampening the day, please make sure to send all participants in socks and close-toed shoes. Students in the Riding and Horsemanship programs have additional horse-safe footwear requirements.
All programming continues, rain or shine. Some activities, such as Horseback Riding are subject to adaptation when it is too hot and/or humid for the horses to exercise. See our Riding and Horsemanship School page for more information about heat index.
Questions about the weather policy you can read the full Rain or Shine suggestions for more information about how we embrace exposure and the elements.
School Year & Holiday Camp Refund, Transfer and Credit Policy
Camp or class refund, transfer or credit requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. All refund, credit, and exception requests must be made within 6 months after the program’s start date. Voicemail messages cannot be considered as official transfer or refund requests.Voicemail messages cannot be considered as official transfer or refund requests.
Refund: Receiving cash, check or credit card reimbursement for programming paid for out-of-pocket. Charter school funds cannot be turned into cash, check or credit card refunds. All credit card refunds are subject to a 5% processing fee which the credit card and registration company charge us.
Transfer: Moving tuition monies within the Sienna Ranch registration system directly to programming in a different date range (different week of camp or different session of the school year) for the same child.
Credit: Releasing tuition monies from a specific class/camp/program and applying them to a family’s general account. Sienna Ranch credit never expires and can be used by any member of the immediate family for any Sienna Ranch program including camps, classes, special events, or store items. Credit cannot be turned into cash, check or credit card reimbursement. Charter School Funds may not be turned into credit, as they are only valid for the exact session & class listed on the PO/voucher.
|Email received||Credit Card Refund||Transfer Session/Camps||SR Credit|
|1+ month prior||5% credit card processing fee||no fee||no fee|
|2-4 weeks prior||15% fee per program||15% fee per program||15% fee per program|
|1-2 weeks prior||not available||15% fee per program||15% fee per program|
|less than 1 week||not available||not available||not available|
* ‘Time until the start of class/program’ is counted from the start time of the first day of the session.
* AM & PM camps are separate programs and incur separate fees for cancellations or transfers.
* Credit and Transfer are available for use between immediate family members only.
* We will do our best to honor all transfer requests but cannot guarantee space availability due to the first-come, first-served nature of our programming.
*Please note that ALL credit card refunds are subject to a 5% processing fee.
**With one or more week’s notice, one-day programs like Try-It Archery, Private Archery and Try-It Riding Lessons may be transferred to a different date within the same school year. These programs do not qualify for refunds or credits. For Family Day refund/transfer requests, please read more here.
Holiday Camp Discounts
Holiday Camp Discounts
Spring Break Camp does not have an early registration discount, rather, the following applies:
- Full-Day Discount: Register for a full week of AM camp, Ranch Play and PM camp and receive the value of Ranch Play free.
- Multi-Sibling Discount: Register two or more siblings for camp, automatically receive 10% off the second and subsequent child’s registration. Note: Discounts are automatically applied to programs that are purchased in the same order. Please contact office to apply discounts to programs purchased separately.
Absences and Early and Late Pick Up
Early Pickup: Unplanned early pick ups are disruptive and difficult to accommodate as campers may be midway through an activity or hiking offsite.
For AM Camps- If extremely necessary please call the office before the start of camp to tell us your pick up time
For PM Camps- Early pickup is at 3:30pm only. Please fill out the form below with at least 24 hours notice, otherwise we cannot guarantee your camper will be available for early dismissal.
Late Pickup Fees: Please note that while we do appreciate a call or voice mail if you are running late, we will likely be away from the phone actively dismissing campers and may not receive your message immediately. Thank you for being on time.
|6-15||$10 / driver|
|16+||$1 / min late|
Missing A Day of Camp: We are unable to offer make ups or to prorate camp tuition if your child misses a day of camp.
Day Camps, 9:00am-1:00pm
(Early Bird care available 8-9am, Ranch Play lunch time care available 1-2pm*)
“Everything” Ranch Camp
PRICE: $376 for the 5-Day Camp OFFERED: Monday March 30th- Friday April 3rd, 2020 GRADES: PreK-5th Grade CLASS SIZE: 10 campers (8 campers for PK/KG)
This popular holiday camp includes our favorite lessons and activities from Sienna Ranch’s school year homeschool and after school classes. Spring is one of the most exciting times to be at Sienna Ranch. Come visit our ranch animals and help brush them as they shed their winter coats. We will also prepare our garden for summer, create a milkweed planter to attract butterflies, and make a pinwheel to track the wind. We will also hike in the lush, green hills and look for wildflowers, play games, and visit popular destinations on the land. “Everything” Ranch camps gives campers a taste of it all! Activities will vary based on age group. The “Everything” Ranch Nature Camp will be different in each session so feel free to sign up for all our holiday camps!
*PreK = at least 4 years old as of September 1, 2019. Want to make sure friends/buddies end up in the same group? Make sure to select the same class number (#1 or #2) for your grade level and you’ll be all set!
Note: All campers must be able to use the restroom independently.
Ranch Equestrian Camp
PRICE: $545 for the 5-Day Camp OFFERED: Monday March 30th- Friday April 3rd, 2020 GRADES: 2nd-6th Grade CLASS SIZE: 8
Note: The first goal of riding instruction in the Ranch Equestrian Camp is to build a solid foundation in the basics, emphasizing safety and confidence. Advanced techniques such as trotting will be introduced only if the instructor believes the child has displayed the ability to maintain balance and a safe seat. Please read the Horse and Equestrian page of the website before registering in order to familiarize yourself more with the safety agreements necessary for participation.
Afternoon Camps, 2:00-5:00pm
Campers can attend an Afternoon Special Interest camp only, OR add it on to a Day Camp for a full-day Sienna Ranch experience. Ranch Play extended care from 1:00-2:00 is offered at no charge for full day campers, and can be added to a morning camp for $60. Ranch Play drop in’s are $15/day.
Woodshop: Carpentry and Natural Building
PRICE: $255 for the 5-Day Camp OFFERED: Monday March 30th- Friday April 3rd, 2020 GRADES: K-2nd Grade CLASS SIZE: 8
In this camp we will be building toys, games, and basic structures out of wood and other natural materials. Each day will begin in the Sienna Ranch Woodshop where students will learn to safely use hammers, saws, and drills to create kid-approved projects. Once confidence and skills are gained in the woodshop, students will use their hands and an array of natural materials such as branches and logs, rope and rocks, to build huts and survival shelters. This portion of the class will focus on basic structural design and building techniques that could come in handy in the backyard, during a camping trip, or even in a survival situation. Students can expect to take home at least 2 small projects.
Fun with Horses: Horse Care and Equestrian Games
PRICE: $283 for the 5-Day Camp OFFERED: Monday March 30th- Friday April 3rd, 2020 GRADES: K-2nd Grade CLASS SIZE: 8
Fun With Horses campers do exactly that, spend a week having fun with horses! Children in this special interest camp will have the opportunity to learn to “speak horse”, as they are introduced to the various ways horses communicate with each other and with us. Using fun games and activities, campers will learn about colors and breeds of horses, parts of a pony, and gaits. They will participate in the various ways we care for horses to keep them healthy and happy, such as grooming, stall care, and feeding. Highlights of this week for many of our campers are the times spent with pony rides, vaulting, leading, and grazing, and creating chalk or painted murals right on a horse!
Note: For a camp with a focus on riding instruction, please see our morning Ranch Equestrian Camp.
Potions and Pies: Harvesting the Ranch’s Bounty
PRICE: $255 for the 5-Day Camp OFFERED: Monday March 30th- Friday April 3rd, 2020 GRADES: 2nd-4th Grade CLASS SIZE: 10
Potions are real. Pies are delicious! Join us at Sienna Ranch as we learn how to make treats from trees and medicine from plants growing here at the ranch. Spring is an ideal time of year to create scrumptious pies from Sienna Ranch’s homegrown abundance. Campers will love making potions with mysterious powers, like healing salves and sprays to defend against bug attacks. In our free time we will enjoy hanging out under shady trees, visiting animals, exploring and playing games.
Archery: Real Bows and Arrows
Campers will enjoy learning or improving their archery skills, with an opportunity to shoot up to an hour and a half each day on Sienna Ranch’s 25 yard archery range. Instructors model and encourage proper shooting form and techniques and help campers to reach their potential. Over the course of the week, campers will make an arrow and target to take home. Beginners are welcome to register.
Destination Discovery: Your Passport to Adventure
PRICE: $255 for the 5-Day Camp OFFERED: Monday March 30th- Friday April 3rd, 2020 GRADES: 3rd-6th Grade CLASS SIZE: 10
Come see all of the destinations Sienna Ranch has to offer and complete your Adventure Passport by solving clues that lead to hidden stamps throughout the property. Each day will have a new mystery to solve, a new survival skill to learn, and a new spot to explore at the ranch. Campers will have fun using their problem solving skills, learning about maps and compasses, and completing physical challenges.