Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Who We Are
The Sienna Ranch Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Council consists of Ranch Administration, Teachers, and Parent volunteers whose mission is to advocate for DEI at Sienna Ranch. Sienna Ranch is a primary source of socialization for our students. As an organization founded without an equity plan, we have played and continue to play a role in the maintenance and reproduction of social inequality. We are working to unlearn what we have been taught to be true and question the often oppressive values we have adopted. Collectively we must ask ourselves what barriers to inclusivity are embedded within our program or organization? Sienna Ranch is committed to building a culturally diverse community. We welcome youth from every race, national origin, ability, gender identity, religion, political belief, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, and culture.
What We Do
The DEI council helps to inform our instructor trainings, hiring questions, scholarships, and curriculum development, as well as reflect and respond to feedback we receive from families. We meet monthly to further the growth of Sienna Ranch’s DEI mission. We welcome any questions and feedback you may have about DEI. You can email email@example.com and it will get passed onto the DEI council.
Actions we have taken in the 2 years:
- Added a donation option to our registrations that go to the Scholarship Fund
- Donate all late fees and lost & found gear sale money to the Scholarship Fund
- Held an anti bias training for our staff with Victor Lewis
- Added time in our weekly meetings for instructors to share and workshop DEI scenarios in an effort to identify growth opportunities.
- Awarded $2,900 in Scholarship funds for the 2021/2022 school year.
- Received $1300 in donations this Fall and look forward to awarding additional scholarships by the end of November 2022.
Read more about our Seed Social Group Here.
See our Scholarship Page for more information.
Read More Resources below.