Sienna Ranch is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic team committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color and other groups traditionally under-represented in outdoor education.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Horseback Riding Instructor: Part-Time
Part Time Riding Instructors work as part of a collaborative, supportive and professional team to deliver riding lessons, horsemanship classes and seasonal camps to students and campers at Sienna Ranch. Sienna Ranch uses a Pony Club-influenced approach to balanced seat and safety, and deeply values a Natural Horsemanship approach to forming connections between students and horses, horse training and horse care.
Non-exempt. Permanent. Part-time. Year-round. Afternoon availability a must.
School Year Schedule (approx Sept-May): Mon/Wed/Fri, 6-15 hours per week
Spring Break Camp: April 2nd-6th, 2018 Monday-Friday, 25-40 hours per week
Summer Schedule (approx June-August): Monday-Friday, 25-40 hours per week
Email applications to Director Chris Lauf at email@example.com.
Combine this position with Weekend Special Events Instructor for more hours!
Special Events Instructor: Seasonal (September-May)
Multiple positions available. Work with your friends! Special Events Instructors lead birthday parties and host our open house Family Days on most Sundays, September-May. Special Events instructors may also have the option to lead scout trips, occasional private events, and lead school field trips on depending on interest and availability. See our the Special Events tab on our website for more details on our Special Events offerings.
Non-exempt. Seasonal. Part-time. Should be available most Sundays September 2017-May 2018.
Birthday Party Schedule: Available to work 1 or 2 parties (9:30am-3:30pm or 10:30-4:30pm), 3-6 hours per week
Family Day Schedule: Available to work activity assignment (12:00-4:00pm), 3-4 hours per week
Employment Dates: September 9th, 2017- May 27th, 2018.
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED! Apply Immediately.
Email applications to Special Events Director Amy Roth at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Summer Camp Instructor: Seasonal (June-August)
See our Nature Program Instructor and Pottery Coordinator position above.
Email email@example.com if you’d like to receive notice when job posting go live!
Volunteer Feeder: Adults (ages 18+)
- Morning shifts start between 7:00 am & 8:00 am (0.75-1.5 hours/shift)
- Evening shifts start between 5:45 pm & 7:00 pm (0.5-1 hour/shift)
The volunteer feeder program gives adults, ages 18 and up, an opportunity to experience the satisfaction and learning which comes from providing one of the most important aspects of care to the animals residing on the Sienna Ranch property- feeding! Under the instruction of Sienna Ranch’s Animal Care and Education Coordinator, volunteer feeders are responsible for following the guidelines of the morning and evening feeding routines for animals. The animals in the Sienna Ranch family include:
The program consists of feeding, providing fresh water, transporting animals between pens, and promptly communicating any problems with animals or animal feed to the Animal Care Coordinator.
Is our Volunteer Feeder program right for you??
As a volunteer feeder you must consider yourself one of the primary caretakers of the animals; rain or shine, your animals need to be fed. In the animal care business, there is no such thing as a lazy day; expect to work hard and possibly get a little dirty in the process. Working with animals on a ranch is not a light-weight job. The volunteer feeder program requires dedication, reliability, and responsibility. If you are prepared to work hard, get a bit dirty and volunteer as part of an awesome animal care team… Apply to the Sienna Ranch Volunteer Feeder Program!
Volunteer Feeder Requirements
- Ability to work your shift, rain or shine. It is expected that you will be attending your shift in any weather.
- Punctuality. Our animals are on a strict meal schedule. Feeding them early or late can seriously jeopardize their health!
- Ability to work independently and to follow written instruction – there will not always be someone on the property to instruct you.
- Show initiative. If something is unclear, YOU must take the initiative to have instructions clarified for you.
- Good physical strength, more than opening a can of dog food! This is a physically demanding job requiring the ability to push a wheelbarrow full of hay across rough terrain.
- A minimum 6 month commitment to a regular feeding shift is required (2 weeks notice is required before resigning from the volunteer position).
Finding someone to cover a feeding shift can be very difficult without adequate notice. We require:
- 1 week notice for planned absences
- 1 month notice if two or more consecutive shifts are to be missed
- In case of illness or emergency, please give as much notice as possible
- Volunteers who are absent for 4 or more volunteer shifts within a 6 month period will be ineligible to continue in our volunteer program.
Join the Volunteer Feeder Crew
Fill out the online application form below and we will be in touch if we have a shift available which fits your schedule.
Our volunteer feeding program is very popular. We apologize if we do not have shifts available to match your schedule. Open shifts are assigned as they arise, based on the applications we have on file. Priority is given to volunteers with previous experience in Sienna Ranch programs.
Email our Director, Chris Lauf with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.