**NEW** Nature Program Instructor & Pottery Coordinator: Permanent, Full-Time
Calling all outdoor educator-artists! Combine the variety of a day hiking and nature immersion with students PreK-6th grade (80%) with the creativity of leading Pottery for K-2nd, 3rd-5th and 5th-9th graders (20%) during the school year. Enjoy a Monday-Friday schedule with a full Professional Development program to train you on Sienna Ranch’s existing curriculum, as well as time to do behind-the-scenes planning and preparation for your weekday classes. Transition to Day Camp mode in the summer and greet a new batch of campers each Monday for different Nature or Farm-themed camps and round out your afternoon with Pottery with a cohort of kids. Take charge of the vision of our Pottery program and contribute to the conversation that molds our Nature Program as part of a small, empowering staff. This position is permanent and full-time. Applicants are strongly encouraged to consider at least a 2-year commitment to this position, one year minimum required.
Flexible, part-time training begins after May 15th, 2017. Mandatory full day trainings on June 7th-9th, 2017. Summer Camp schedule: June 12th-August 18th. School Year schedule begins September 5th, 2017.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (925) 283-6311 to inquire about the position.
MORE DETAILS AND APPLICATION: Nature Program Instructor and Pottery Coordinator
Special Events Instructor: Seasonal (September-May)
Multiple positions available. Work with your friends! Special Events Instructors will be primarily responsible for leading birthday parties and hosting our openhouse Family Days on Sundays. Special Events instructors may also have the option to lead scout trips, occasional private events, and lead school field trips on Mondays depending on interest and availability. See our the Special Events tab on our website for more details on our Special Events offerings.
Email email@example.com or call (925) 283-6311 to inquire about availability.
MORE DETAILS AND APPLICATION: Special Events Instructor
Summer Camp Instructor: Seasonal (June-August)
See our Nature Program Instructor and Pottery Coordinator position above.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to receive notice when job posting go live!
Volunteer Feeder: Adults (ages 18+)
- Morning shifts start between 7:00 am & 8:00 am (0.75-1.5 hours/shift)
- Evening shifts start between 5:45 pm & 7:00 pm (0.5-1 hour/shift)
The volunteer feeder program gives adults, ages 18 and up, an opportunity to experience the satisfaction and learning which comes from providing one of the most important aspects of care to the animals residing on the Sienna Ranch property- feeding! Under the instruction of Sienna Ranch’s Animal Care and Education Coordinator, volunteer feeders are responsible for following the guidelines of the morning and evening feeding routines for animals. The animals in the Sienna Ranch family include:
The program consists of feeding, providing fresh water, transporting animals between pens, and promptly communicating any problems with animals or animal feed to the Animal Care Coordinator.
Is our Volunteer Feeder program right for you??
As a volunteer feeder you must consider yourself one of the primary caretakers of the animals; rain or shine, your animals need to be fed. In the animal care business, there is no such thing as a lazy day; expect to work hard and possibly get a little dirty in the process. Working with animals on a ranch is not a light-weight job. The volunteer feeder program requires dedication, reliability, and responsibility. If you are prepared to work hard, get a bit dirty and volunteer as part of an awesome animal care team… Apply to the Sienna Ranch Volunteer Feeder Program!
Volunteer Feeder Requirements
- Ability to work your shift, rain or shine. It is expected that you will be attending your shift in any weather.
- Punctuality. Our animals are on a strict meal schedule. Feeding them early or late can seriously jeopardize their health!
- Ability to work independently and to follow written instruction – there will not always be someone on the property to instruct you.
- Show initiative. If something is unclear, YOU must take the initiative to have instructions clarified for you.
- Good physical strength, more than opening a can of dog food! This is a physically demanding job requiring the ability to push a wheelbarrow full of hay across rough terrain.
- A minimum 6 month commitment to a regular feeding shift is required (2 weeks notice is required before resigning from the volunteer position).
Finding someone to cover a feeding shift can be very difficult without adequate notice. We require:
- 1 week notice for planned absences
- 1 month notice if two or more consecutive shifts are to be missed
- In case of illness or emergency, please give as much notice as possible
- Volunteers who are absent for 4 or more volunteer shifts within a 6 month period will be ineligible to continue in our volunteer program.
Join the Volunteer Feeder Crew
Fill out the online application form below and we will be in touch if we have a shift available which fits your schedule.
Our volunteer feeding program is very popular. We apologize if we do not have shifts available to match your schedule. Open shifts are assigned as they arise, based on the applications we have on file. Priority is given to volunteers with previous experience in Sienna Ranch programs.
Email our Apprentice Coordinator Katie at email@example.com with questions.